Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Patience is a virtue. I'll just keep telling myself that...

I suppose with good news, bad news must follow? That seems to be a trend in this world. I expect it with anything.

Turns out none -- literally, NONE! -- of the surgeons on the list my ortho gave me accept my insurance! I really had my heart set out on the one I chose. I hate having to settle for second best...or third best...or etc. I ended up going through the insurance plan my dad took out to figure out which surgeons I can have. There were only 4 on the list, 3 which are actually in this city. I researched them all just like I had the previous list, and made a decision. I'm not sure if I can do that or not, but a surgeon is a surgeon. However, money is not money when you don't have any! Before I did this I asked my first choice how much the consultation would be without insurance. I don't know why I was so surprised with this being for surgery and all lol $395 for a consultation, $1,045 for a consultation and x-rays if they have to take any. Chump change, right? I have it growing in my backyard...

Anyways, I went over to make an appointment in person with the new surgeon I chose because on the phone all that insurance info and being put on hold back and forth, getting my info, verification, and blah blah blah gets exhausting! The staff was really nice and they accepted my referral from my ortho. They're ganna contact them to have the x-rays sent over. I almost had a heart attack when they told me the closest day they had was May 20! Not because it's 4 weeks away but because we had received a letter a few weeks ago from my dad's dental insurance saying after 5/31 I would exceed the age to be on his insurance -- depending on the plan, and I would need to get an individual one or something. I booked the appointment regardless.

I came home to reread the letter and remembered the lady telling me they would use the medical insurance for this type of procedure, not dental. PHEW! I wanted to cry. I'll be able to go after all.

Now I just gatta wait 4 more weeks. Not like I've been waiting years for this or anything...



No comments:

Post a Comment