Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hola

Hi, may name is Idelise, I'm 25, and I'm on a mission to be happy and photogenic again! :D

So here's my story...condensed version:
I had braces when I was 16 and declined to get a jaw surgery to correct my bite. That lead to massive problems over the years so now I'm going to see if I can get a second chance. Granted, this time my parents wont be paying for it so I'm on my own (yippe?). I will also see if I can get a corrective surgery for the bone in my nose to fix a problem an accident caused when I was a kid. That problem has led me with pain, breathing problems and a runny nose for years.

I wasn't given much information about my bite when I chose to decline the surgery, but thanks to Google I've concluded what I have looks like an Overjet. For the longest time I thought it was an Overbite but my top teeth don't cover the bottom. I guess I'll find out everything when I go back my Orthodontist.

Even though I declined to get the corrective jaw surgery, I did get the jaw surgery to remove all 4 of my wisdom teeth because it was mandatory since I had braces. I remember being very swollen after the surgery, and incredibly sensitive. I couldn't eat or drink anything, no matter how soft, for about a week and in the process lost 8 lbs. I was prescribed Vicodin for that surgery and while it did help a lot with the pain, I was still sensitive.

At least I'll have somewhat of an idea of what to expect when I finally get my corrective surgeries. The Jaw Surgery community has helped me a lot too <3


No comments:

Post a Comment