Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

A blast to the past

I finally stopped by my Ortho's office to make an appointment (this is too important to me to simply call). It felt so weird considering I hadn't been there in YEARS. My last time there was to check on the progress from my retainers and that was about 6 or 7 years ago. There was only one person there since they were only a few minutes from closing, and I explained to her I wanted to make an appointment to get some information on the surgery I declined to get. She scheduled me in for 2 weeks from now ^_^

I also voiced my concerns for something else...

I had stopped wearing my retainers last year around a time I was really stressed out, and my teeth started to form a small gap in between my central incisors. I've been wearing the retainers as much as I can to close it, but they won't close all the way. She said she'll also have him take a look at my teeth and the retainers. I hope I don't have to get braces again to close them. I certainly don't want to have them bonded either.

A lot of the blogs I've read, patients have to have surgical hooks fitted onto their braces before the surgery. If I have to get braces again just for that purpose, I really won't mind. I'm kinda missing them actually. My teeth felt so straight with them on. Not that they weren't straight upon removing them, but they felt secure lol

Now I have a date to look forward to: Wednesday, March 26, 2014.

And so my journey begins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment