Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

...But you LOOK FINE!

Whenever my closest friends ask me about why I wanna get this surgery, I get a headache from trying to explain. I constantly find myself going in circles because whenever I bring it up they continue to ask me the same questions I've already gone through before in detail - for nothing.

I've given up explaining.

While having to repeat myself gets fun, I'm afraid I have to quit. Some people just cannot understand unless they're going through it themselves. Apparently my speech problems haven't been very obvious all these years. I guess if you're not near death people will think you're just fine. It's a shame how rare empathy is. My parents understood to a point since they see me all the time and have known me longer. But I won't be telling anyone else about this because I'm just sick of this routine.

The only thing that comes to their mind is aesthetics. Not every surgery is done to look better. Sure, it'll make me look better, and while I would love that, I would love to get rid of the pain even more.

I wonder how long my loved ones will continue giving me the "there's nothing wrong with you" speech after watching me blow my nose, struggle to breathe and complain about headaches and jaw pain for so many years. For anyone else who asks me about why I'm getting this done, I'll just tell them I'll give em a link to this blog and they can read it from beginning to end AFTER I've had the surgery, so then maybe they can understand and all their questions will be answered without me getting any further migraines.

I guess that's one of the reasons I'm here to begin with. Other people who have gone through this and blogged about it, you guys are the only ones who really understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment